How to Configure and use Navision Classic Database Server

Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me, how to configure the Navision Classic Database Server so that I can connect the server from other clients, I have worked with Sql Server Database but not able to configure and use NAV Classic Database Server.
Markandey Pandey

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There's a document called 'w1w1ism.pdf' that you can find in the 'Doc' folder on your product disk, and this document explains everything you need to know about the NAV Database Server.
  • Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
    DenSter wrote:
    There's a document called 'w1w1ism.pdf' that you can find in the 'Doc' folder on your product disk, and this document explains everything you need to know about the NAV Database Server.

Hi,
    i have already gone through the pdf "w1w1ism.pdf".

Actually when i type the server name of ip of the server an error message is commig
    " Cannot find fin.flf"

can u tell me what i need to do?
    Markandey Pandey
  • tanish_111tanish_111 Member Posts: 23
    just rename ur lic file to fin.flf and paste it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic folder with the old fin.flf file and it will start taking the new lic

Actually when i type the server name of ip of the server an error message is commig
    " Cannot find fin.flf"
    Then you only read the first page or something, because this document tells you what to do with the license file. Try again, this time REALLY read it. Don't just skim for the juicy bits, it's not a girly magazine, study the whole thing.
    DenSter wrote:

" Cannot find fin.flf"
    Then you only read the first page or something, because this document tells you what to do with the license file. Try again, this time REALLY read it. Don't just skim for the juicy bits, it's not a girly magazine, study the whole thing.

i have tried everything given in the tutorial.
    still i am getting the same error

cannot find fin.flf
    Markandey Pandey
    No you did not.

The information on how to select a customer license during installation is in section 1.3.
    The information on how to change your license is in section 3.7.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Here a direct link to the PDF

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

u can download it from there.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    DenSter wrote:
    No you did not.

The information on how to select a customer license during installation is in section 1.3.
    The information on how to change your license is in section 3.7.

I AM AGREE BUT WHEN WE INSTALL NAV 2009 IT NEVER ASKS FOR LISENCE FILE
    I AM WORKING WITH 2009 AND THE TUTORIAL IS OF NAV 5.0
    Markandey Pandey
    I don't have a lot of patience for people that refuse to read the documentation, and that patience goes to absolutely nothing when they start screaming. Good luck with your problem, this is my last contribution to this topic.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If you don't feel like reading all the doc's then
    perhaps this tool will help
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=304

ps it's old and worked on older versions. if it works for you then we know it's also good for the newer versions.
    Savatage wrote:
    If you don't feel like reading all the doc's then
    perhaps this tool will help
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=304

ps it's old and worked on older versions. if it works for you then we know it's also good for the newer versions.

great tool but it never ask for the lic file and if i am placing the lic file on the respective folder still error is comming "couldnot fild the fin.flf"
    Markandey Pandey