Prepayment - Owed Amount

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
Question in Prepayment process

1. Created a purchase order for $500
2. Posted a prepayment invoice (50%) i.e $250
3. On vendor card balance field is updated with $250
4. Through Payment Journal applied a payment to prepayment invoice (fully)
5. Now, on vendor card balance field updated with 0.
6. But, user wants to know how much we owed. How can I add a flowfield to show the prepayment amount (i.e 250)?
Tried to add a flowfield with calcformula : -Sum("Vendor Ledger Entry"."Closed by Amount" WHERE (Vendor No.=FIELD(No.),Prepayment=CONST(Yes),Global Dimension 1 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 1 Code),Global Dimension 2 Code=FIELD(Global Dimension 2 Code),Currency Code=FIELD(Currency Code)))
It doesn’t help much when we apply a partial payment

Comments

• snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    Pls. advise me
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Why not have the user press F9 ?? IT will show the same information there,

I do think its a bit weak MS hasn't included Prepayments as part of statistics though, Would be nice for people to see how much they paid via prepayments rather then then on reciept etc.
    jannestig wrote:
    Why not have the user press F9 ?? IT will show the same information there,

I do think its a bit weak MS hasn't included Prepayments as part of statistics though, Would be nice for people to see how much they paid via prepayments rather then then on reciept etc.

F9 on vendor card?
    Perhaps you should clarify

" the users want to see how much we owed" Owed as in what you just paid or owed in what is outstanding after prepayment against the order?

The statistics window for the Vendor is what i mean by F9 for instance or a vendor with no other orders open i can see i paid 294,75 as a prepayment and have a total oustanding amount of 587,50.

It was just a starting point .
    Yes, the User wants to see how much we owed (just paid to vendor)
    Then use the Statistics Window for the relevent vendor.