Vat when Adjust Exchange Rates

ChristelChristel Member Posts: 28
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to eliminate the vat-posting when you run the report "Adjust Exchange Rates" for customers, vendors and bankaccounts?

According to my customer the system shouldn't do that at all?? Maybe just a prob in Belgium?

Thanks,
Christel.

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Is your customer using the belgium version or anothe version while operating in belgium.

Can you give an example as well
  • ChristelChristel Member Posts: 28
    Yes he's using the BE-version (5.00)

After the "Adjust Exchange Rates" the system creates for ex. GL/entry:
    Well you will have to wait for the belgium guys to comment on their functionality, but i can't see any reason why MS would leave out a legal requirement on what is a fairly new version.

Is the person telling you this an accountant or at least how are they telling you this requirement is true?
    I thought that I had to use the option on the gl-account card but it makes no difference...
    Ok after some testing I noticed that the option "Copy VAT Setup to Jnl. Lines" on the General Journal Templates isn't working when adjusting the exchange rates with report 595.

If there are posting-groups filled in, on the G/L account card the system copies these value's in the general journal and is creating vat-postings automaticaly.

A glitch in Nav 5.00?? :-k
    IF you have set your GL account cards to no adjustment, have you also set your GL setup card reporting tab to no adjustment as well?

Are you using ACY as well ?
    jannestig wrote:
    IF you have set your GL account cards to no adjustment, have you also set your GL setup card reporting tab to no adjustment as well?

Sure
    jannestig wrote:
    Are you using ACY as well ?

Nope, the field is empty in GL-setup