What's wrong with NAS (V5 SP1) ?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
I'm running the NAV database server from a command prompt and logging in and out of my db no problem.

I'm trying to start NAS via the command prompt by entering...

nas appservername=nas1, database="c:\program files\microsoft dynamics NAV\database server\db.fdb, company="Template Company",
startupparameter=JOBQUEUE, nettype = tcp

And I get the following error ](*,)

You do not have permission to read the Object table. Contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed. The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV nsa1 could not initialize properly.

I thought it was a license problem but there isn't a "license=" type parameter for nas so other than copying a dev license into the Application Server folder (which I have done) I'm not sure what else I can do...

Help!?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    In theory, the license should reside in the subdirectory of the DBserver and be named fin.flf.

From your NAS,connect to the DB using the DBname (specified as parameter in the server.exe command to start your DB-service) and NOT the filename.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Where is your servername= parameter?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    You can also start the Nas Server from Services (Administrative Tools).

The question is, have you created the service corectly?
    The following is a sample of creating and starting a Nas service at once. You might want to change it for Native client thought. Keep in mind that from cmd you have to be in the directory where nas.exe is stored.

nassql.exe installasservice, appservername=SDALIETOS-SQL, NETTYPE=DEFAULT, servername=SDALIETOS, database=DBONE, company="DBCOMP", startupparameter="BATCHPOST", objectcache=8000
    net start SDALIETOS-SQL

Hint: Have an Event Viewer always in front of you, so you can monitor each step.
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
  • boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    I did exactly that - I think that maybe it is a permission problem due to the enhanced security of Vista.. :?
  • SDalietosSDalietos Member Posts: 15
    Wait a sec, my friend, I haven't understood what exactly you did.

Please write down the command you have used exactly in cmd to create and start the nas service. Check also in services (Administrative Tools) that the nas service you are trying to create is not yet created.
    Spiridon C. Dalietos
    Ls Retail - Microsoft Dynamics Nav
    www.Dalietos.com
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    boywonder wrote:
    I did exactly that - I think that maybe it is a permission problem due to the enhanced security of Vista.. :?
    Could be a problem.
    Did you try to run it as administrator?
    How to do it : Create a batch in which you put the commands, then from the explorer, right-click the batch file and select Run-as-administrator.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!