Sales Prepayment invoice to include VAT (Tax)

ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create prepayment sales invocies which will include the VAT amount. I have changed alot of the settings like Prepayment Vat Unrealised without any joy.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

ADARTIHS

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There were lots of Bugs with prepayments so knowing what version you are on could helpful.

When you create your order What information do you have on the Prepayment Tab
    Then hit F9 to see statistics and look at the prepayment tab there.

How are you creating the prepayment Invoice ? Post > prepayment > post invoice ?

Look at the test report there

There is a check on Setup for sale and payable for check prepayment before posting

Otherwise if you take a normal order and enter a prepayment % on the header and after it updates the lines the VAT should be all you need.
    Make sure your items and customer VAT have been set correctly
  • ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
    Hi Everyone

Thanks Jannestig.

I am in Version NAV 2009 SP1
    Databse SQL

I have looked at the stats and it showing 0 as VAT on the prepayment tab but there is a VAT amount in the General TAB?

I have changed the settings with unrealised VAT without any joy.

Thanks again

ADARTIHS
    Okay Make it Simple

Create a new Sales order first.

Enter one item + qty

you can either have the customer or item have a prepayment % already.

The prepayment will be driven by the line value. select f8 to zoom on the line and look at all the prepayment lines theres about 6 with VAT

what do they say?

Then you can change the Prepay % in the header and check that the lines are update correctly then then check the f9 tab

Can you take a scren shot of the statistic field

The only way i can see that it should do this is if you have a non vat item or it is an export item

so you VAT entry line would lok like this

VAT % Line Amount Includes Prepayment VAT Base VAT Amount Amount Including VAT
    0 342,10 Yes 342,10 0,00 342,10
    Thanks again jannestig

I have looked at the individual line with the following results:

Prepayment % = 100
    Prepayment Line Excl. Vat = 100.00
    Prepmt. Amt. Inv. Excl. VAT = 0
    Prepmt. Amt. Incl. VAT = 0
    Prepayment Amount = 0
    Prepmt. VAT Base Amt. = 0
    Prepayment VAT % = 0
    Prepmt. VAT Calc. Type = Normal VAT
    Prepayment VAT Liable = 0

Which is very annoying because I need to include VAT in the prepayment invoice!

My settings as follows:

G/L Setup Unrelized Vat = True
    G/L Setup Prepayment Unrealized Vat = True
    Vat Posting Setup Unrealised Vat Type = First
    There is also a G/L account present in the Sales Vat Unrealised Account.

I think I have setup every thing also I have tried ticking and unticking mutliple items.

thanks for your help

ADARTIHS
    If Your VAT prepay % is 100 then you will not see a seperate amount for prepay VAT as it is the same as sending a normal invoice so there is no seperation of the total VAT between Prepay % and remaing %. Try using 50 % to see the difference.

Do you have the "price include VAT" field selected ?

On the line in question what is your VAT Bus Post Group and you VAT Prod posting group combination ? Look at you VAT setup and see what VAT identifier is set against that combination and if a correct VAT % has been entered.

If you look at your VAT setup unrealized VAT i believe you should set the type to Percentage as the First option seems to only cover VAT first rather then the item cost amount and VAT.

You could also leave it as blank

Which country version of nav are you using as there could be some localisation affecting this EG prepayments can not include VAT
    ISSUE SOLVED

The issue was because the GL Account assigned in General Posting Setup did not have any General Business Posting Groups
    General Product Posting Groups
    VAT Business Posting Groups
    Vat Product Posting groups

Setup!!! once setup it now works.

Thanks for your help!!

ADARTIHS