backup error in stx file

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello,

I have this error("text .. doesn't exist in stx file") while I'm trying to backup with Nav 5.0 SP1.
I've seen earlier posts about the error. However, I didn't find the solution.
What I am sure about is this database is never opened with other versions of navision, even NAV6.0 ;).
How can I get rid of this error?

Any help appreciated,
Amaraa

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Please take the stx file from 6.0 client and put in ur 5.0 client folder, it will ask for replacement,replace it and also put in ENU folder ehich is in ur Client 5.0 folder.
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    Please take the stx file from 6.0 client and put in ur 5.0 client folder, it will ask for replacement,replace it and also put in ENU folder ehich is in ur Client 5.0 folder.
    Hi there,

I have tried as you said. Then even my fin.exe doesn't open because of the same error(text number was different).
    So, I tried with 5.1s ENU and 6.1s stx. Then, fin.exe opens fine but still having the error.
    I even tried to delete stx and backup. The standard 5.1 db backup was fine without stx file but the customized(the db I'm trying to backup) gave same error.

This is the result hehe.
    Any more ideas?
    Amaraa
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What about using search functionality? ;-) viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31410&hilit=1972
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    What about using search functionality? ;-) http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hilit=1972
    Yes, I saw that post. it has same in dynamics user.

However, it doesn't give me clear solution.
    I have those objects too. and I don't know what to do with them.
    You need to remove them. If you are on SQL, it is simple. Just open the Object table and delete the records of type Table with the appropriate IDs.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    You need to remove them. If you are on SQL, it is simple. Just open the Object table and delete the records of type Table with the appropriate IDs.
    The main problem is db is native and with my developer's license I cannot delete them. ](*,) :thumbsdown:
    Yeah, than it is a problem, which could be solved only by opening the DB in newer NAV client... or may be some risky method with restoring on SQL and "downgrading" the DB, but this is too risky.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.