License question

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
Hello

Does somebody know how the sessions are counted in the following scenario, SQL 2005, Nav 4.0 SP3:

- 2 Navision Databases on the SQL Server (1 test, 1 production)
- 5 Users in test db, 5 users in production db
- 10 Licensed sessions
- The granule License per Database is absent

How many users can yet login in the production db?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    All 10 sessions are in use and no one else may login to either database. Licensed sessions are counted at the server level. Also if using the "license per database", each database must use a different license. Not a copy of the same license.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    bbrown wrote:
    Also if using the "license per database", each database must use a different license. Not a copy of the same license.
    Is this restriction legally or technically? I'm just interested, I know that every db needs its license.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    ta5 wrote:
    bbrown wrote:
    Also if using the "license per database", each database must use a different license. Not a copy of the same license.
    Is this restriction legally or technically? I'm just interested, I know that every db needs its license.

A license agreement is a legally binding document. Whether or not you can technically do something, to get around the license, is irrelevant.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    bbrown wrote:
    A license agreement is a legally binding document. Whether or not you can technically do something, to get around the license, is irrelevant.

No worries. Thanks anyway much for your help.

Thomas
    sorry, double post