Login Problem in NAV

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Dear all,

I have cretaed new db and i have restored a backup yesterday. when i try to login i can able to login for the first time,i can able to login. but today when i try to login for the second time , i cannot able to login. please tell me how to resolve this issue ?

its very urgent

if anyone knows the solution, please tell me the steps to correct it .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• phaniphani Member Posts: 9
    Hi

The problem which u r facing is whenever u restore a backup suppose if it is native database you create a database login yourself why means first time when backup is restore u need not required any login authentication in case if u know the database login which exist in the restored db then no problem otherwise create a login for yourself in the restored db and then close the database.

Next time u can login in the DB with the newly created user.

Enjoy

Phani
    MS Dynamics Certified Professional
    phanikumar k
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    You best option is to just create a new database and restore again and add or create your login. SQL or native.

or if in sql you could always go into tables and add in your login manually
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If you are on SQL, you are lucky!

See here to fix it: http://mibuso.com/blogs/kriki/2009/02/18/how-to-get-access-when-you-cant-get-into-your-nav-sql-db/

If you are on native, I am afraid you will have to redo the restore (or find out a users+passwords with SUPER-rights) to get it.

In general : after a full restore, check/change immediately the users/roles/security and create a user with the SUPER role.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    chandrurec wrote:

its very urgent

Regards,
    chandru.

For Urgent requests, if you are a customer then please contact you Navision Partner. If you are a Partner then contact Microsoft and log a PAID support call.
    David Singleton
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Can you tell which error message occured at the time of login ? ? ? ?