Date filter problem in Chart of Account

MallyMally Member Posts: 128
I m using NAV 4.0 SP3, Whenever I m putting filter on Date filter field by opening Chart of accounts then press Shift+F5 (i.e., Flow Filter) and putting date in right format, then it is showing me following error:

The filter '(01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09)' on the Date Filter field in the G/L Account table should specify an interval. There are two permitted formats for filters that specify an interval: * A
This filter selects values equal to A. * A..Z This filter selects values between A and Z (inclusive).

For information about entering filters, see the online Help.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Shift + F5 is the Card, u mean Shift+F7 or?

Is there a other Filter on the flowfield DateFilter and / or what is your regional setting for the date format.
    U enter the Date in DD/MM/YY. Is you local setting maybe MM/DD/JJ ?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    No Regional settings are in right format DD/MM/YYYY and it is shift+F7
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Why do you use the same date range on the left and right ? (01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09) :-k

There are plenty of issue on knowledge base about filtering, which local version of nav are you using, i had no issues with 2009 or 5.0 though each had the lastest build on.

You can try using the same filter over a list form and see if u get the same issue. Otherwise you may have to look for the latest build no or a specific hotfix.

Or just use the left hand date criteria
    REGIONAL SETTINGS ARE IN RIGHT FORMAT
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Mally wrote:
    I m ... putting date in right format, then it is showing me following error:

The filter '(01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09)' ...

WHat makes you think you are putting the date filter in the right format?
    David Singleton
    Right format means correctly and I didnt understand following line:
    Why do you use the same date range on the left and right ? (01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09)

I always put filte(i.e., 010409..300909) and it is showing me above error,I dont y m stucking?
  • gsiracusagsiracusa Member Posts: 26
    If you have the Balance at Date and/or Budget at Date fields in the chart of accounts, you can enter only one date or one interval in the Date Filter field. This means, that you cannot enter 01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09 but one interval. Otherwise you can hide balance at date and budget at date.

Best regards
    Giovanni Siracusa

http://www.novalysis.it
    I m putting one interval,means puttin filter 1 time on Date filter.
    I think gsiracusa answered your question very well and i learnt something there as well.

If you have the fields they mentioned shown in the GL form you will get the error you mentioned using the filter you mention.

If you still believe its another error can you take a screen shot of the fields shown when you enter filter as well as the filter itself.

That should help resolve any confusion, as the only way i could replicate it was as gsiracusa suggested
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    gsiracusa wrote:
    If you have the Balance at Date and/or Budget at Date fields in the chart of accounts, you can enter only one date or one interval in the Date Filter field. This means, that you cannot enter 01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09 but one interval. Otherwise you can hide balance at date and budget at date.

Best regards

Because the flowfield uses the only Max property on the filter.
    I m not filtering like theis:
    01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09

I m filtering like:
    010409..300909, but it shows me following error:
    01/04/09..30/09/09)&(01/04/09..30/09/09
    okej

Can you say which Version of NAV 4,5,2009 etc you are using and which locality IE switzerland etc you are using.

I can only replicate the same error when entering the two string format, it is possible you have another filter that is combing with the flow filter to give you this error.

Question: do you only get this error when "balance at date" field is visible ?
    I m saying that I m not putting two intervals I m only putting filter 010409..300909.Thatsit no second interval is there.While getting an error Balance at date is visible?
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you checked the properties of the flowfields to see how they are calculated?
    Okej we know you are using just one search date .

Below is an example of the fields seen in GL.

Try hiding the fields "balance at date" or "Add.-Currency Balance at Date" and see if you still get the problems

No. Name Income/Balance Account Type Totaling Gen. Posting Type Gen. Bus. Posting Group Gen. Prod. Posting Group Net Change Balance at Date Balance Add.-Currency Balance at Date SRU-code
    1115 Ökningar under året Balance Sheet Posting Purchase NATIONELL DIV 1 492,74 1 492,74 1 492,74 237

Please try answering the other questions as they are quite relevent, Or you using SQL or native ?

Try Google translate if there is a problem with english ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    YA i SAW THE FLOW FIELDS Of balance at Date and balance at buget in both fields Date filter of G/L account field is concerned.If suppose both fields(Budget at Date and Balance at Date) are visible on chart of Account form then If i m putting filter 010409..300909 on Date filter and on both fields option "maxlimit" is true in their flowfields property that will it take this(010409..300909) filter as this filter(i.w., (010409..30909)&(010409..300909))?
    Ya, I saw the flow fields of both the fields the option MaxLimit is true in both flowfields.Suppose,I m putting filter on Date filter(i.e.,010409..300909) and at that time "Balance at Date" and "Budget At Date" are visible on Chart of Account form.Then, will it take Date filter (like., (010409..300909)&(010409..300909))?And if I will hide 1from these 2 fileds then I will not face this error?U r saying this.Am I right?
    I had a look at your past posts,

I am assuming its the "NAV 4.0SP3 SQL DB" you are talking about.

Its unlikely this just started happening? is this a new database or one that has been in use for a while.

You had some posts about changing anslysis i am wondering if you have changed some keys somewhere so that it now reads the date filter twice to acheive the same effect as indicated in the error message?

You could try using this filter instead ">=01-04-08&<=09-11-04" and see if you get the same message
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I can not beleive yu keep testing with the same date range. Try a different range and then see hat the error is, then try the filter suggested by jannetstig and again see what the error is.

Also whats witht he parenthesis ( ) . you can not ever enter these in date filters. Try without them i.e. enter 02.02.09..05.05.09 not (02.0.2.09..05.05.09)
    David Singleton
    Just Wondering If you open the GL form then Balnace button > GL balance and enter your filter do you get the same error message?

It is essentially the same thing you are trying to do now, you can even add balance at date field to as well if you want
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    That you see this "filter" means that one filter is set in one filtergroup and second is from another filtergroup. It means one is what you set on the form, and another is set through code or through view on the form or through link from calling (parent) form. That's all. You need to find from where the filter is. If you change your period, will both parts change? If yes, the filter is copied into another filtergroup by code. If one part will be still constant, I assume that it is from parent form...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    So whats the solution what I have to do to remove this error?What I m doing now,I simply reinstall navision on that user computer who was facing this error.My problem solved.Is this right solution?
    You could Try deleting zup file as well ? If they have more then one company i suppose the filters could be added twice to give you the same affect??
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    is there some customized code? where a filter is set?
    Do you make it right, it works too!