Date error in a report

txantxagorritxantxagorri Member Posts: 23
Hello, I have a user which execute a report in his computer and dates which appears in the Excel are in American format (mm/dd/aaaa). But If I execute tihis report with his user in my computer I can see European format (dd/mm/aaaa).
¿What can have this user in his computer?

Thankssssssss!!!

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    is your user american? :mrgreen:
    really...if windows regional settings are USA you'll see mm/dd/aaaa, otherwise you'll see dd/mm/aaaa (you're spanish, i think, so you have the second format)

P.S.: why Americans use this fancy date format?why month before days?it's not logic!i'd have told this, before or after... :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • txantxagorritxantxagorri Member Posts: 23
    No, my user have the European format!!!!!
    really strange...does this issue happens only for this report or for every date in the system? if only this report, check the code under the report, maybe there's some strange format...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    There is no such thing as the "European Format" many countries have different date formats. And as to right or wrong, I would say that the countries that have it correct are Hungary, Finland and Sweden (yyyy-mm-dd) which is by far the most understandable. US date format is good, because its really how we work. I.e. we don't normally think about years (except around Christmas and New Years), so mm/dd give a more logical sorting than having the least significant information at the beginning. In fact I normally set my computer to US dates because after using them for a while I find them easier to use.

Anyway, back on topic, the user probably over rode formats in regional settings. You can have a Spanish set up, but then go in and force mm/dd/yyyy for dates. So at a quick glance it says Spain, but its not really.
    David Singleton
    I normally set my computer to US dates because after using them for a while I find them easier to use.
    well, maybe i'm close-minded, ir it's a matter of choice/habit...but i usually want to know what day is today before the month...i always know what's the month, but i never remember what is the day (i book birthdays in outlook)...sorry for the off-topic
    -Mirko-
    My Blog