using C/Front for .net Application

rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
Hi Experts,

I need a help about C/Front tool. i have few question about it. i want to create web appication which can interact directly
with Navision Database.

1. Can i call Codeunit of Navision in an application developed in Visual studio 2008 ?
2. is there any way to validate and write data in to the table residing in Navision DB ?

Actually, i want to have an idea of best practices used create an web application using Navision DB.

Thanks in advance...

Rajesh
Experience Makes Man Perfect....
Rajesh Patel

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Use Web Services.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you will read more about C/Front, you will learn that you cannot use C/Front to call the business logic. As David wrote, if you want to use business logic, use WebServices.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PostbuzzPostbuzz Member Posts: 1
    As far as my knowledge goes, webservices don't work against a Native Navision DB. Webservices only run against SQL Server DB. So writing apps with c/Front is a good option. I use the .Net dll
    (Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Postbuzz wrote:
    As far as my knowledge goes, webservices don't work against a Native Navision DB. Webservices only run against SQL Server DB. So writing apps with c/Front is a good option. I use the .Net dll
    (Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll)

That's not true. Because you can still create webservices for NAS, which is running with SQL or Native DB, you can use webservices with Native DB too. But I am not talking about the native Webservices. I am talking about webservices which could be developed for any version of NAV since 2.5 version... C/Front will never run the business logic. This post is in wrong forum. This question is not about NAV 2009 RTC, it is about classic client...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.