navision Backup creating 2 files

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
Hi,
our client have Nav 5.0 sp1. SQl option. SQL 2005
When they take navision backup it will create 2 files of backup.
why it is happend?

Answers

• ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi
    I guess you use the internal nav backup. The files are splitted in 2GB chunks, this is normal. Be aware that the directory where the backup is written to / the restore is read from does not contain numbers. Otherwise some fancy errors can occur.
    Hope this helps.
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Be aware that the directory where the backup is written to / the restore is read from does not contain numbers.

What is this means? will you please explain little bit?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    It means the folder name of backup should not have any numeric characters (Though I have not tested what ta5 says).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    For backup I'm not sure. But when restoring, Navision has problems to find the files Nr.2 and subsequent files, if the folder contains numbers. Seems that the function looking for the next file increases the first integer in the path and file name.
    First file: \\myCustomer1\backup.fbk
    Second file: \\myCustomer2\backup.fbk not found because it should read \\myCustomer1\backup2.fbk

No problem if the backup files reside in \\myCustomer\..

See here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30282

Hope this helps

Thomas
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    For backup I'm not sure. But when restoring, Navision has problems to find the files Nr.2 and subsequent files, if the folder contains numbers. Seems that the function looking for the next file increases the first integer in the path and file name.
    First file: \\myCustomer1\backup.fbk
    Second file: \\myCustomer2\backup.fbk not found because it should read \\myCustomer1\backup2.fbk

No problem if the backup files reside in \\myCustomer\..

See here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30282

Hope this helps

Ohh thats gr8 information.
    I m also getting the same prob of file not found now it is solved
    \:D/

Thanks singla and ta5
    Welcome!