E1 and E2 mapping

Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
Hi,

How can I map E1 and E2 form functionality in NAV 2009 sp1. Is there any way ?

Please help...

Thanks,

Jaideep Ghosh

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    For those, like me, that don't know what you're talking about when you mention E1 & E2 can you please explain?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Correct me if I am wrong :
    E1 & E2 are taxation forms in India which is used for drop shipment scenarios. For e.g. Company A want to sell something to Company B and Buys the goods from Company C. Company C directly sends the goods to company B but the invoice is raised in the name of Company A and A invoice to B. Invoice of Company C should accompany with the invoice of A along with form E1 or E2.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Hi,
    Thank you for your post. I will provide some more details of my Client's requirement.

My client resides in West Bengal. Say it has a customer, within West Bengal, who want to purchase an item. That item needs to be brought from a Delhi -Manufacturer and is sold to the west bengal customer. In this regards my client is giving 2% CST for it's purchase from Delhi and is billing with 12.5% VAT to the local customer. The customer is newly starting the business and is unable to take full input credit of 12.5% VAT. Moreover as the Item is a Capital item for the customer it is not keen to take full input credit of 12.5% VAT. To reduce the impact of taxation my client is following a Drop Shipment Process.

It is asking the Delhi Manufacturer to directly ship the item to the Customer's premises. The manufacturer bills to the client with the "ship to" address being the Customer's premises. As the Customer is getting the Materials by paying 2% CST, it issues a C form to my client. My client has a liability to issue C form to the Delhi Manufacturer. Again the Delhi Manufacturer issues an E1 form to my Client. My client then issues a Commercial invoice to the customer giving no tax break ups. The customer pays the amount to my client and my client accordingly pays to the Delhi Supplier.

How can we map the above situation ? The problem I have faced in mapping the above situation through drop shipment process in NAV is as follows:

a. Purchase from the Delhi Manufacturer with C form and 2% CST is OK but how can we map the Sale to the local customer with C form ?

b. How can we track the E1 forms receivable from the outside state manufacturer?

Please help..

Thanks & with warm regards,

Jaideep Ghosh
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    How can we map the above situation ? The problem I have faced in mapping the above situation through drop shipment process in NAV is as follows:

a. Purchase from the Delhi Manufacturer with C form and 2% CST is OK but how can we map the Sale to the local customer with C form ?

b. How can we track the E1 forms receivable from the outside state manufacturer?

a) If the primary business of client is E1 & E2 transaction then dont mark c form boolean true in the Form Code.
    b) There is no standard functionality of Form Tracking available in NAV and you need to customize it.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Dear Sandeep,

Can you please explain me how to do E1/E2 sales in the following case:

1)A - Seller - Maharashtra

2)B- Buyer - Kolkata

3)C-2nd buyer (B's customer) - Kolkata

4)D-Consignee - Gujarat

D will issue a C Form to C(Kolkata). B will issue a C Form to A(Maharastra).
    Will C issue a C Form to B(Kolkata). ???

HOW :-k :-k :-k :-k

Please clarify
    Now or Never