Purchase VAT Difference Between G/L And VAT Entries

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

We often get issues where the VAT statement on the input tax side does not agree to the G/L VAT Input Tax control account. This is due to users posting directly to the G/L account but not completing the 'VAT Bus Posting Group' and 'VAT Prod Posting Group' columns. There are valid reasons for posting directly to the account (import duty, car fuel scale claims etc.) but I want to make sure the G/L and VAT Entry tables always reconcile. I was thinking of doing a development that checks if the posting G/L account is one of the accounts listed in the 'VAT Posting Setup' table and if it is then force the user to complete the VAT Bus Group and VAT Prod Group columns before being able to post. Just wondered if anybody had any comments about this?

Thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• macamaca Member Posts: 6
    I would make them non direct posting (other than for the Import Duty one) the fuel scale charge can (should) handled via a 2 line journal with all the vat details on.

If I was going to mod the system, I would allow direct post to the FULL VAT account but only from a purchase order after checking the vendor (to do the Import Duty).

If you need futher help please ask.