license ...

edwiedjedwiedj Member Posts: 5
in my company ... using navision 3.7A ...
my question is

1. is it available license 3.7 in microsoft ? how to purchase it ?
2. if my company buy a new version (nav 2009), it is possible this license (nav 2009) can run in navision 3.7A ???

thanx

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Other can probably give you more information.

Firstly v 3.7 nav is no longer offically supported by microsoft

If your company is using navision you should already have a license ?? otherwise how are you working ?

You can order a new license and as long as it has granules as listed below it will work in any version.

I am assuming your company probably has not paid its licensing fees for maintence so will have to buy a new license rather
    then upgrade an existing one.

2,110 Navision Version 3.xx 1
    2,120 Navision Version 4.0 1
    2,130 Navision Version 5.0 1
    2,140 Navision 2009
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    If you are currently running Navision with an illegal license or something (or whatever the case really) you will not be able to get a new license that contains access to Navision 3.7 It is not a supported version, Microsoft doesn't sell it. Because they give customers the ability to download a copy of their license from customersource I cannot see any reason that they would add this to a new license.

So, no you can't buy a license with 3.7 in it anymore. If you already have a license, and are paying your enhancement fee, you can get your license upgraded to NAV 2009 and it will continue to work in 3.7 (as long as it has always worked in 3.7) because it will still have that granule in the license.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    matttrax wrote:
    ...you will not be able to get a new license that contains access to Navision 3.7..

Hi Mattrax,

do you know when this change happened?
    David Singleton
    Can you do that? I've never heard of anyone being able to. If I am wrong please correct me. You've been doing this for many more years / customers than I have.

I can't think of any legitimate reason for Microsoft to provide a NEW customer license with an unsupported version to anyone. Every example I come up with can be accomplished through license transfers and name changes.

[Edit] Also, didn't mean to say that you couldn't add this granule to a license. I worded my sentence badly. Microsoft CAN add any granule to any license whenever they want. What I should have said was that you would need a really good reason for them to add an unsupported version of a product to a license, whether that license already exists or is new.
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    You should directly approach to microsoft...Microsoft has Gr8 team of pre sales they people will guide you.
    3.7 is out of service...It is not advisable to use it.Microsoft can't help you with 3.7...

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Any license of version > 3.7 will run the NAV 3.7 version. In case you want to add users to your existing license, you can buy the same. If you have not paid AEP charges to MS you need to pay that before any additional license is ordered.
    There is another : You can buy new NAV 2009 license if the cost of AEP is more than the cost of new licenses.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    matttrax wrote:
    Can you do that? I've never heard of anyone being able to. If I am wrong please correct me. You've been doing this for many more years / customers than I have.

I can't think of any legitimate reason for Microsoft to provide a NEW customer license with an unsupported version to anyone. Every example I come up with can be accomplished through license transfers and name changes.

[Edit] Also, didn't mean to say that you couldn't add this granule to a license. I worded my sentence badly. Microsoft CAN add any granule to any license whenever they want. What I should have said was that you would need a really good reason for them to add an unsupported version of a product to a license, whether that license already exists or is new.

Its always worked this way. And for good reason. There are companies out there running on old versions that can not upgrade*. And they may need to expand their business and thus need a new license.

From your post I thought maybe they had changed that.

* Can't of course meaning it's too expensive.
    David Singleton
    There are of course companies out there on old versions (mine included). We are on 3.7 at the moment and add to / remove from our license all the time. But only user count and granules that are not affected by version.

No problem adding Fixed Assets module to a 3.7 license for example. But adding the granule to give access via the Navision 3.7 client to a 5.0 license or a new license...don't see a reason for that.

I think the OP should definitely contact Microsoft. Then write back with the results.