Refresh of Production order does not refresh "Description"

MatthewRBrittonMatthewRBritton Member Posts: 27
Hi guys,

I am using Nav 5.0 sp1 with an add on module from our partner.

I have a released production order for item ABC using a BOM and Routing. I have updated the description on the item card for item ABC and on the relevant BOM and Routing. When I refresh the production order, the description is not updated either in the production order header or in the production order line.

To me, this is a bug, but our partner assures me this is how standard NAV behaves. Has anyone else come across this issue? Any suggestions on a solution for this? It seems the refresh function needs to trigger a 're-validation' of the 'source number' field on the Produciton order header as one of its first steps.

Thanks

Matt

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is by design. These "descriptions" are filled in from the card only when the record is created, not when the Prod. Order is updated/refreshed. User can rewrite the default value from card by own text to see some more descriptive text etc. and then the refresh will overwrite the text by the default one. This is not the behavior you will want ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MatthewRBrittonMatthewRBritton Member Posts: 27
    Hi Kamil,

We are a contract manufacturer so our item and production order descriptions have to match our customers product description. As you say, this may not be the case in other businesses.

Might be time to customize [-X

Thanks for the info though.

Matt