Cost Amount(Actual) or Cost Amount (Expected)

shillushillu Member Posts: 72
How does the two fields (Cost Amount(Actual) or Cost Amount (Expected)) in Item ledger entry table gets updated?

1) I have created Purchase Order with Item1 and Quantity is 1000, Direct unit cost is Rs. 10.
I have used FIFO costing method and using LOT tracking.
2) I have posted the PO(Only GRN taken but not invoce).
3) Now, i have consumpted the quantity in production.
When I post the entry in Consumption journal...Item ledger entry is getting updated with Quantity but i am not able to see the costing part.
The two fields (Cost Amount(Actual) or Cost Amount (Expected)) are empty. In G/L also no entry against this consumption.

4) The same case, I have tried with after PO invoice..so both Item ledger entry and G/L getting updated with the cost.

But my customer wants, G/L should get updated if you the consume the quantiy with out invoice.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    1. Cost amount expected got updated when u received ur Raw Material, now u didn't invoice it so there is no cost amount actual.
    2. After consumption even for FG no cost field would get updated.
    But once you post the consumption u will get Cost amount actual for RM even if u haven't invoiced it yet . In G/L it would be WIP dr to RM Inventory A/c cr. But even if after finishing ur production order nothing would get updated on FG by the time u do not Invoice ur RM.
    Kapil Khanna
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for the info.

My issue is resolved with running "Adjust cost - item entries" batch job.
    G/L is getting posting with inventory adjstment entries even if u consume the qty without invoice for raw material.

Thanks,