how database server run from different geographical location

tanish_111tanish_111 Member Posts: 23
hi i have problem accessing a database server from different location i have given a public ip to the server and also created a service for it.we can acess that database server from the LAN but when ever we try to connect it from the different geographical location i shows requested time out error. so can anyone please help me out with this probelm.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Use Terminal Services or Citrix
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • tanish_111tanish_111 Member Posts: 23
    if we use terminal services the client machines can have the access to other software and services in the server machine. and i dont want client to use the server other resources except nav.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    tanish_111 wrote:
    if we use terminal services the client machines can have the access to other software and services in the server machine. and i dont want client to use the server other resources except nav.

Depends how you set it up. With TS make NAV the startup application. Or use Citrix or TS 2008 and publish NAV.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot use direct connection to NAV if you do not have at least 10Mbps per session!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Does anyone keep track of how often we have this same discussion? Is it really worth trying to help these people to do the job properly? Would it be simpler just to let them mess it up and figure it out for them selves.

[-(
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:
    You cannot use direct connection to NAV if you do not have at least 10Mbps per session!

Even though a lot of bandwidth is important for some tasks in Navision, the thing that really matters is latency.
    David Singleton