HELP WITH THE INSTALLATION OF NAV 2009 SP1

opthopth Member Posts: 6
i had installed NAV 09 sp1 before then uninstalled it later coz my pages werent running and now iam trying to install it i get an error that sql server cannot find the master database or something like that as an error .how do it fix it any ideas . and plzz tell me for stand alone installation what are the basic componenets i need to install for NAV 2009 SP1 ill be working on rolecentres,pages,RDLC reports and the classic client stuff . please require help with this issue .

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Did you try just installing the demo version, that should install all components and requirements to a functional state from there you can review what was installed and what parameters were used to do so.

When you unistalled it the first time the prerequistes installed would have remained EG sql express and DB.
  • opthopth Member Posts: 6
    ill show you wht error i am getting

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Build 29626
    Error Report
    SQL Server option
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Components for Microsoft SQL Server
    Fatal error during installation.

Could not connect to the SQL database. (-2147467259 master ). This can be caused by insufficient permissions. Indirect permissions through Windows group memberships may not work as expected when User Account Control (UAC) is turned on.

i have deleted all the directories of SQL after the uninstall.
    so any idea wht may be going wrong.
    There are a few links with the same issue

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=32062&hilit=UAC
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36844&hilit=UAC

As said above i had the same error i can't remember if this was my own PC or a demo server i set up though :oops:

I do remember a little more though i had to give my windows account the power of god on the box though.

Give your account server admin rights even if it is as a local admin, install nav again if you have th same error messages try installing the failing components seperately from their individual MSI files
    nope didnot help had already tried those links before posting this thread. so any other ideas??
    NAV 2009 sp was installed earlier then i had to uninstall it and then install it ,and then this problem started to appear on all the pcs i tried to install it i am trying to install in the stand alone config only no other pcs in n/w. so heelppp
    did i mention i am on windows 7
    did i mention i am on windows 7
    No Issue with Windows 7.

If its the UAC try turning down you your UAC security, mine's set at 2nd highest and i have no issues.

Make sure when you run the installer you right click to run as administrator.

Type UAC into search in start menu to find your current setting and make sure you are an administrator