PROBLEM USING CREATEDATETIME FUNCTION

leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
hi all

we have a customer with a presence control software, where employees sign in at working start time and then sign out at working finish time. this information is managed with a Microsoft Access database. we have developed a routine to catch data within Navision from this Access database, so the user doesn't need to close Navision to get the records stored in the Access database. it works fine!

now our problem. the process reads a datetime value from Access and separates date from time using the COPYSTR function. then our process joins again date and time using the CREATEDATETIME function and stores the result in another field. seems stupid but this is due to more than one developer programming the same process. a second programmer have created the datetime field... at the end of it all, Date field, Time field and DateTime field must show the same date, i mean: the Date field and date value in DateTime field must match, and also Time field with time value in DateTime field must match too... :-k

i.e.:
Date: 10-28-09 (mm-dd-yy)
Time: 13:15
DateTime: 10-28-09 13:15

recently we detect that since may-27 until oct-25 some Time fields doesn't match time values in DateTime field in a record, and casually the difference is just 1 hour. i said "casually" because this difference matches the dates in which operating systems perform the daylight-saving time change

i.e.:
Date: 10-28-09 (mm-dd-yy)
Time: 13:15
DateTime: 10-28-09 12:15

all our code is ok, anyone can explain why Navision add 1 hour when executes the CREATEDATETIME FUNCTION??
we don't have an explanation for this behavior...

many regards!

Answers