developer toolkit

iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
hi guys,

if i am upgrading nav 4.0 sp2 to nav 5.0 sp1, which version of developer toolkit i need to use?

thanks

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I think the latest. I don't think there is a 5 version. And the latest should probably be the best one (the latest is for 2009 so you'll need to create it with the 2009 client).
  • iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
    i dnt have the 2009 installation. thats y am searching a toolkit i can use..
    Then look at the downloads section and use
    Toolkit v2.0 SP3 (build 291)
    hi kapamarou,

thanks for the version.. its the one.. and its ok..

am also using the upgrade toolkit.. and when am transfering data -Upgrade old version- am getting a msg "Reference to the member Trans. Req. Shipment (Qty) of the variable could not be solved."

do you know where the problem is??
    This means that the field is not present. What steps exactly have you followed when transferring the data?
    hi,

in fact, this field does not exist.. i searched for this problem, and i got the solution.

now, aother problem.. :-( i have already merged all my objects in the developer toolkit..
    and then am importing it in Nav5.. using steps in the Upgrade toolkit..

1. There's a field called G/L Account Name that has been created in Nav5 in the G/L Entry table.
    When i import, its says my license does not permit creation.. i have a 4.0 developer license -- I3-ZA-004-4ZHM0-M
    I guess you are importing a text file. When you are importing a text file, a field outside your license range cannot be created. It must exist. You can create it only by importing fob files.
    is there another way to bypass the developer toolkit???

coz i did so much work on the toolkit.. and there is no possiblity to import the objects as a fob
    I thought that when you upgrade using the upgrade toolkit then the target database must already have the "default new version" objects on it.

When I faced a similar issue in the past (not in an upgrade process) I used the import worksheet and based on it's help, I chose the Merge Objects in order to create the off-license fields that didn't exist, Once they where created, I could easily replace these objects with the ones I merged.
    wein the upgrade toolkit, before merging the objects, i opened the old database in the new version to convert it.