Problematic NAS service on NAV3.70

evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
Hi Guys,

Another classic NAS service question, I see plenty of these about the forums and have tried to use some of the various fixes/progression paths instructed in them however we’re still getting issues.

Basically, we are running a 3.70 Nav SQL database, the NAS service was working fine, accessing emails from the 2003 public folders, processing them, placing them into the public folder store and logging interactions etc.

However, someone decided to migrate the public folders to a 2007 exchange server. Now I know this has issues with the version of the CDO controls as the NAS service required very specific hot-fixed CDO’s to run originally. Needless to say the NAS service fell on its face. After finally getting them to move the public folder store back to our 2003 exchange and then having them decommission the 2007 exchange to prevent any issues I still cannot get the NAS service up and running.

Short and sweet the error I get from NAS after starting it is –

This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member GetFolder failed. Collaboration Data Objects returned the following message:
[MAPI - [MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND(8004010F)]]

Now I’ve checked the version of the CDO file in Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 and it is the 1.21’s version 5.5.2654.6.

I have a domain admin account running the service, and this domain admin account has full owner rights to its own mailbox and the public folder queue and storage folders.

The strange thing is, right after they gave ownership rights for the public folders to the domain account the queue worked, it processed one mail (which I had been leaving in there for testing and was the only mail in there), after processing this I double checked and it had been correctly logged into Navision. Sadly my cheers and celebratory dance didn’t last long. Due to the mailbox work they had done I had to execute a xp_stopmail and then startmail on the SQL server(something we’ve done plenty of in the past without issue) right after I finished this I noticed the queue wasn’t processing my test mails any longer and then found the above error appearing in the event log again.

The server has received numerous restarts over the past few days so I don’t think that will help and I can send normal emails from the outlook profile fine, and even execute xp_sendmail’s fine.

Running out of things to try here and hoping you lads could tell I’m missing something very simple :lol:

Thanks a lot for any advice you can provide guys,

Dave

Comments

• evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
    Additionally, i'm not sure SQL is related to the issue in anyway but just in case we're using 8.00.760 SP3.

Thanks

Dave
  • Sean_0029Sean_0029 Member Posts: 1
    We have exactly the same issue here. We moved the public folder to an Exchange 2007 PF server and got exactly the same results.

We then moved everything back to an Exchange 2003 PF server. This still not not fix the issue. I then removed all Exchnage 2007 PFs from the organisation. This still did not fix this issue.

We are really stuck and hoping that you found a solution.
  • mjhigginsmjhiggins Member Posts: 57
    we are having the same issue, does anyone have a solution?

thanks