User specific roles

navnetnavnet Member Posts: 57
Case:
-User A and User B both have read, modify and insert Permission to General Journal Line.
-It is required that the entries made by User A should not not be modified by User B. However each user can modify their own entry.

Is it possible without customization?

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Create Seperate journals batches for both users and create two security roles which are clones but have a security filter on the batch name = to the batch name you have created for them, Baring in mind they will only ever see their own batch unless you exclude the other users batch instead.
  • navnetnavnet Member Posts: 57
    I thought of creating batches. But the problem withthe Batch was with the Number series associated. There can be only one number series for one type of Journal. So there is chance of having two documents from two different user having same document number, since for each batch the it checks last number used or/and the balance amount.

Now?
    Try looking again each batch can be assigned its own numbder series and posting number series.

I changed over a batch's no series mid stream posted with it then switched back with no issue.

create no series based on GJL-*BATCH NAME* i can't see how your scenario would occur with decent setup.

Even if the they use the same no series it will not let them post it will tell them can not post with this number as it already exists.

so fail to see the issue , though i havent finished my morning coffe yet :)
    :)

-There cant be batch specific number series as per requirement.
    -editing at the posting time I think will notthe entertained by this Account section.

I think we will need to convince on havin gbatch soecific number series.

Enjoy your coffee and Thanks!
    Well its not really editing at posting, its a system requirement for sox compliance as well a legal requirement in some areas .

Users can begin with the same doc no in each batch without knowing it, the first one to post the entry will be ok the 2nd user will get the message saying they must increase doc number to next in series.

but they can be annoying espically if u have many users posting :) so probably better off following what you planned of seperate no series
    yah User seeks as simple as possible. Actually single suer does posting however applying editing the documentment number atthe time of posting might be considered annoying by the one who posts.

Many Thanks!