Dimension Values - User Restriction

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

Is it possible to restrict users from accessing certain dimension values?

The situation is like this...My client has various departments (Retail, Project, Real Estate etc) which are given as Dimension values for Dimension code "Department". Now there will be a common expense code (Vehicle Maintenance Expenses). But when the specific department user (Say Retail) uses this GL code, he should be displayed only those Dimension values which has Retail Code. He should not be able to create a journal with other Department codes (Dimension code)

Is it possible to restrict like this?

Thanks

Comments

• krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Hi

Thanks for the email. May be i did not give my details properly. It is not only to do with 2 dimension codes where i want to restrict. My primary criteria is the user who has logged in the NAV system. Assuming i am USER A who is working in Retail Department, i should view the dimension values pertaining to the "RETAIL" dimension code only. i should not view the dimension values pertaining to other departments.

IS it possible?

Thanks
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    If i am following you you have the following setup 1 Dimension with 4 or more values representing a work department.

Each time i login i should only be able to enter the dmiension value "retail" based upon which section i work for.

2 suggestions

1) You can create security roles for table data 349 with security filters setup for dimension code = dim name and Code = dim value

2) Each user is assigned to salesperson which is a dimension then setup this dimension so that its combination with department or expsense code dimension is blocked in matrix view of the two dimensions.

Testing around these should give you the answer, though if users are super user could get trickier then just for data entry users.