SMTP Mail from NAS

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
Hi Guys

Is it possible to send a mail using SMTP from the NAS without using any 3rd party software or wrappers just code unit 400 SMTP Mail? I am using Nav 2009 (upgraded from 4sp3 I think) with imported SMTP objects.

I have set up the SMTP logon details and I can send a mail from a card however when running through the NAS I get an error;
"The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available"

I have registered the Microsoft.Navision.Mail.tlb, Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll by copying them into the NAS folder (along along with RegAsm.exe) and running RegAsm as recommended on other posts and registered which seemed to succeed.

Hope someone can help.

Steve
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Ahh .. resolved it at last. McAfee was blocking the emails. From the McAfee Virus Scan Control panelmake teh following changes

- Right-click Access Protection
    - Click "Properties"
    - Go to Port-Blocking tab
    - Select Rule: "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail"
    - Click Edit (in order to edit this rule)
    - Add nassql.exe to the exclusion list

Happy now \:D/ =D> \:D/
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong