Adding User ID to a form and a few other bits

LittleboboLittlebobo Member Posts: 15
Hi there wondering if anyone can help a total novice.

I have a Form which registers employee absence ( standard form in Nav) and am curently trying to get it to show each user ID that logs an absence in there, i tried to just do a lookup ( i know it was a stupid idea) and that just pulls through my USER ID ( obviously) anyway when i try to do anything else from the table it gives me permission errors which can't be right as i have full rights ???? :oops: :oops:

Second question is if i want to use the Our acccount number field from the customer card and plant this onto a sales header everytime a new order is created what do i need to do ..??? The our account no. field is already on the customer card but is just a text field i assume i would need to change this to code and add the field into the sales header table but i probably need to do a filter somewhere too ...can anyone help ](*,) ](*,)

Sorry i'm just learning the code bit i like to think i'm more functional than techincal LOL
When your going through hell just keep on going ;)

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Before you start modifying forms and code I highly suggest you read through some of the development documentation. It worries that me that you are changing code but do not know the difference between a code field and text field.

You also need to know if you can even change these things. It sounds like you are working for an end user and not a NAV Partner. Do you have any of the designer granules in your license (Form Designer, Report Designer, etc)? What about application developer and solution developer?
  • LittleboboLittlebobo Member Posts: 15
    Hello again,

Sorry if i sounded dim reading that back i think maybe i typed the questions in a hurry, anyway forgive me !..

When i referred to a code field i actually meant i will have to code it, i understand that code and text fields are two seperate types of field both performing different things ( one is purley text the other is for numbers and text along with symbols!)

Yes I am a total novice, but i am very keen to progress, I am also reading the application developers guide whilst doing e-learning training but am also trying to learn on the job, please dont worry i am not changing code in a live environment i have taken a copy of the database totally seperate not even on the network to make sure i can not screw it up, I would never ever do anything like this in a live environment until i was at a level like yourself ( i imagine).

Yes we do have all the required granules.

Once again sorry if i came across in a inappropriate manner, I do hope you can help!

My main issue at the moment is that i am trying to use the our account no field from the customer card on a sales header so that it will automatically populate on the sales header taking the information from the customer card. I had thought that i could just simply add the field onto the header and then use the properties>source expression to add in the customer.Our account no field ..but it just seems to show a free text field which is VERY annoying, what i dont understand is that if i do this on a report say sales invoice it will pull through the field no problems ?

Sorry i have rambled on there i hope you can help !

Littlebobo
    When you add a customer to an order, information about that customer is copied to the order. From that point on there is no relation. If you change the customer card, the order will not be updated.

Take a look at the OnValidate trigger for Sell-to Customer No. and Bill-to Customer No. on the Sales Header table. You'll find some useful code examples there.
    I'll check the areas that you have mentioned and let you know.

Thanks,
    Yay i did it !!!

I gather that i have to do the same thing if i want to add the field onto the sales invoice and shipment ..anyway i'm trying thanks so much for your help and I hope that i haven't been too much of a pain !
    Everyone is here to help. We were all beginners at one point. Good luck on your future projects.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Littlebobo wrote:
    I gather that i have to do the same thing if i want to add the field onto the sales invoice and shipment

Note: If you want a new field taht you added to the Sales Header Table transfer to the Sales Invoice Header Table or Sales Shipment Header all you have to do is add the field to the Sales Invoice Header/Sales Shipment Header.

For example. If you added field 50055 - MyText - Text - 60 to the Sales Header Table
    then just add field 50055 - MyText - Text - 60 to the Sales Invoice Header Table.

When posting occurs the values will transfer over.