Roles and Permission in NAV

navnetnavnet Member Posts: 57
I had to NOT allow change G/L setup, change Posting Grps, change dimension values, Change Chart od Account values..I used existing roles in NAV.
It helped me do everything IO indend to do, EXCEPT G/L setup. With these roles (picture attached), the suer can still make changes in G/L Setup.

Where did I miss? I have been almost banging my head not knowing the loop hole.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't think you're going to find someone to go through those roles for you. I think that's your job. :D

Go to the permissions table and find out which roles have modify privileges on the G/L Setup table. You can look at permissions for one role, then unfilter, I think (it's been a while).
  • navnetnavnet Member Posts: 57
    :)

Yes But I have checked all the roles for their permission..None of them have permission for G/L Setup Edit, insert or delete.

These are standard NAV roles that I have assigned. I think I am dumb for not having it done... :D
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    :^o I don't think you checked very closely. I did what I said in my first response. Filtered on table 98, modify yes. The role that gives you edit for jobs gives you edit for G/L Setup.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    IS he just sure that his super users aren't just using standard NAV super.

In which case he wont see the permissions for it as the super has rights to everything compared to everyone who access to table data 98

Role ID Object Type Object ID Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Execute Permission Security Filter Role Name Object Name
    SUPER Table Data 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes This role has all permissions.
  • navnetnavnet Member Posts: 57
    matttrax wrote:
    :^o I don't think you checked very closely. I did what I said in my first response. Filtered on table 98, modify yes. The role that gives you edit for jobs gives you edit for G/L Setup.

Hehe! :oops: I might have overlooked at it. I spent more than an hour at this. I dont actually need this JOBS EDIT thingie..why did I even select it. Overdoes!

Thanks much much!

Cheers!