Connect to Navision 3.70 database from Windows 7

zaurbzaurb Member Posts: 26
Hi!

I have installed Windows 7 on my machine and after installing Navision 3.70 client it just won't start. I've googled on this topic and found out that 3.70 is not supported also on Vista. So, it's kind of obvious that it is not supported also on Windows 7.

Is there any workaround to this problem? Or installing a virtual xp machine is the only solution?

Thanks!
Zaur Bahramov

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    zaurb wrote:
    Hi!

I have installed Windows 7 on my machine and after installing Navision 3.70 client it just won't start. I've googled on this topic and found out that 3.70 is not supported also on Vista. So, it's kind of obvious that it is not supported also on Windows 7.

Is there any workaround to this problem? Or installing a virtual xp machine is the only solution?

Thanks!

Hi

The only solution is a virtual machine. The integrated seven Xp machine or an external solution (like virtualbox, vmware, ecc) with an XP inside.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • jolly_manjolly_man Member Posts: 12
    zaurb wrote:
    Hi!

Thanks!

If you are not trying to access a production database, you can do a client upgrade. Just open the database with a NAV 5 client or Nav 4 SP3 Client(+patch for Vista) and then click yes, convert to new database format.
    READ VERY CAREFULLY THE MESSAGE !!! I REPEAT, don't do this on a production database, only if you want to access a test database.
    Have a nice day,
    Cosmin Poiana
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professional

do{
    repair_problem();
    optimize_code();
    }
    while (broken)
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    jolly_man wrote:
    If you are not trying to access a production database, you can do a client upgrade. Just open the database with a NAV 5 client or Nav 4 SP3 Client(+patch for Vista) and then click yes, convert to new database format.
    READ VERY CAREFULLY THE MESSAGE !!! I REPEAT, don't do this on a production database, only if you want to access a test database.

Be aware!
    If you do a technical upgrade on production DB then ALL CLIENTS MUST do the same upgrade (ie install new clients on all machines that acesses the DB)
    Some automationcontrollers may also change behaviour with new version of dlls
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009