Lot number is required for item AAA111

KerricKerric Member Posts: 4
Dear all,

Well, I don't know where to start from, but here it goes.

I work for a company that uses Nav 5.0 as its ERP, I don't have much experience in Nav, but I managed to fix several errors here and there.

Now, I have this problem which I can't seem to get rid of. One of the items with a very long list of item ledger entries, has a very small quantity stuck (0.00206) that when I try to manual adjust the quantity to remove from the bin using the item journal (the warehouse location is using WMS), it shows the following error: Lot number is required for item AAA111.

One of the problem, is that I don't know where this tiny quantity came from. since whatever warehouse activity needed to create that quantity (TO, Receipt, etc..etc..)is already been posted and now it only need to be posted through the journal line, but to no avail.

Of course, I can't simply cancel the lot tracking for that item because it already has item ledger entries using it.
or I can block that item and create a new but first i need to zero the inventory for that item which brings us back to the problem above.

Anyone has an idea where I should be looking or what steps can be taken in order to solve that problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Kerric

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    how is your location setup for warehouse management?

Is is just bin mandatory checked? That is why you are using Item journal?
    On the item journal click on Line. and Item tracking line and enter the lot no.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • jolly_manjolly_man Member Posts: 12
    ara3n wrote:
    how is your location setup for warehouse management?

Is is just bin mandatory checked? That is why you are using Item journal?
    On the item journal click on Line. and Item tracking line and enter the lot no.

From what i understand his problem is that he does not know from what Lot No. is the difference coming.
    Please go to item ledger entry transactions, filter by the column Open = Yes and then try to find the lot with "remaining quantity" = 0.00206.
    If you find the transaction get it's lot no and use ara3n procedure to post from journal.
    If you can not find this quantity in the transactions then sum all remaining qty's and see if it matches with your difference. In this case the things get complicated a little bit. Do this and repost your result.
    Have a nice day,
    Cosmin Poiana
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professional

do{
    repair_problem();
    optimize_code();
    }
    while (broken)