onValidate trigger fails

BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
Hi everyone!

I'm a bit confused...

Situation:
Navision 4.0 SP3 SQL DB
Journal form.
In source table in non primary key fields onValidate trigger is some code (inserts record in different table).

When users fills form in some non regular cases (1/n) trigger don't executes code in this field.

What reasons could be for it? ](*,)

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Kind of hard to say...I would recommend using the debugger and stepping through these specific cases. Then you can post some more detail.
  • BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
    that's the problem - I can't identify when or why this happens. My colleague spent whole day trying to repeat error and, when he succeed, we don't see any difference in records ](*,)
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Perhaps there is code that only does a := instead of a validate on the field that inserts the record. Run code coverage for a few records. Then you'll be able to see all of the objects that are executed. Hopefully there's not a stray object that gets called in rare circumstances. You can filter on @*FIELD* and find all the lines of code that contain the field that should be validated.
  • shillushillu Member Posts: 72
    Could you please paste the code here. (Whatever you have written on OnValidate() trigger?)
  • BiboBibo Member Posts: 22
    The problem solved.

Some times you just need to talk to some one to find solution by yourself :)

Problem was in another validation.

Thanks for replays :thumbsup: