Options

Lot No. in purchase orders

philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
In a purchse Line (Type = Order) I have an item, a qty.
When i push the button Line, Item Tracking Line, I can see my lot no.
But in the Table "Tracking Specification" nothing is present ... ??
How it is possible ?
When I zoom on the form (6510), I really have every information, but nothing in the table... I'm disappointed.

In fact, I need to export (in a dataport) the lot no. I've entered in my Purchase Line... And I can't retrieve it.
My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light

Comments

• Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    Silly question - I assume you've posted a receipt?
  • Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    I just ran a quick test in 3.6 Cronus and had no problem creating a stock item with lot tracking and then receipting a total quantity of 3 with a quantity of 1 in one lot and 2 in the other. The only problem I had was that initially I set the "Lot No Info Must Exist" options to Yes in the Lot tracking specification. This doesn't work if you are purchasing since it asumes you have already created a lot tracking entry before the receipt is posted. Once turned off again the posting was perfect. Both tracking entries exist with the correct inventory.
  • Options
    ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

I think the item tracking specification table is updated on posting only. The item tracking line screen just accepts the value and generates the serial no and lot no. as specified. only when the main document is posted does this table get updated..

regards,
    ramya venkat
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    check the table "Reservation Entry". Your tracking lines should be stored there.
    When opening "Item Tracking Lines" from purchase oreder, a temp rec that uses table Tracking Specification is filled and then a form is shown based on this temp rec.
    That's why the form can be based on "Tracking Specification" and showing the records, but there is nothing behind in table.

At least this was the case in 3.60.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    That's exactly what I needed...

Thanks a lot..
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light