One instance with multi country databases

vmurthyvmurthy Member Posts: 3
Hi all,

Is it possible to have One instance with multi country databses? for e.g. UK, USA and India databases in one instance.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
  • vmurthyvmurthy Member Posts: 3
    Does that mean i need to buy different licenses for each country?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Sadly I know all about this. Thankfully we didn't implement it :D

In order to have multiple localizations (countries) in a single database instance, you will need to merge the code from each of those localizations into a W1 database. That code will only execute based on some flag that indicates which localization the company belongs to. It's like an overly complicated upgrade scenario and I can only imagine that the testing is a nightmare: ie when you get a US database you expect taxes to calculate correctly, but when you merge tax code yourself and want to make sure you didn't miss anything, you'd better know a lot about taxes.

You'll also need access to the country specific objects. For this Microsoft provides something called a cross versioning license (I think that's what it is called). In a nutshell, you buy a single user license for that country and are then allowed to use those objects in a custom object range in your own database.

If you are an end user I would definitely suggest contacting your partner as there are a lot of things to consider.