Projected available balance value question

hat04hat04 Member Posts: 9
When i view PAB in item availability by period i found PAB is calculated with Item Ledger Entry which have posting date after the period end date of current row in item availability by period.

Item Ledger Entry's posting date in PAB have range from begin to end date of Item Ledger Entry in all rows of item availability by period.

But I think Item Ledger Entry's posting date in PAB have range from begin to period end date of each rows of item availability by period.

How Navision calculate Item Ledger Entry in PAB like that. Please help me. Sorry for my English :-)

Tuan Hoang Anh

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    hat04 wrote:
    i found PAB is calculated with Item Ledger Entry which have posting date after the period end date of current row in item availability by period. Tuan Hoang Anh

No, PAB includes orders un posted data only, so it includes ,on a date, what is coming + what is going out. And this is calculated as per every orders date. E.g. it includes Production Orders as well (Planned and later) , and on Firm Planned and Released Production orders u do not have Posting Date. Purchase -> Expected receipt date, Sales -> Shipment Date. As it is projected so it is before the fact and posting date gets in ledgers after the fact.
    Kapil Khanna
  • hat04hat04 Member Posts: 9
    hat04 wrote:
    i found PAB is calculated with Item Ledger Entry which have posting date after the period end date of current row in item availability by period. Tuan Hoang Anh

No, PAB includes orders un posted data only, so it includes ,on a date, what is coming + what is going out. And this is calculated as per every orders date. E.g. it includes Production Orders as well (Planned and later) , and on Firm Planned and Released Production orders u do not have Posting Date. Purchase -> Expected receipt date, Sales -> Shipment Date. As it is projected so it is before the fact and posting date gets in ledgers after the fact.

Yes, PAB value include SO, PO, Production Order .... and Item Ledger Entry. But why Item Ledger Entry in PAB have posting date after the period end date of current row in item availability by period.

Tuan Hoang Anh
    Sorry for my English