Windows Login Table crashes NAV

corocoriccorocoric Member Posts: 5
Hi ever1,

I have this wierd problem. I managed to insert some wierd value into the Windows Login table, field SID, value: "a"

Now whatever I try to do with this record NAV crashes, I tried to delete, change field to valid SID value, delete whole table, change the field proporties, change with a report etc.. After the restart of the client, it is recovering the DB.

We use: NAV 5.0 SP1
Native DB

pls help :)

Comments

• corocoriccorocoric Member Posts: 5
    Crashes also in Cronus 5.0 SP1 :((
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Try taking a backup, but don't include the "Data Common to All Companies". Restoring that should give you a database without any logins in it.

Of course there may be some side effects if you've changed tables to not be company specific. You'll definitely want to go through your data to validate it and test functionality.

Perhaps someone else can add to this as I deal almost exclusively with SQL.
    This is a shared table of course :( and I cannot make it data per company before its emptyyy :)
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    IF you are a developer:

Take a copy of your database.
    On the new copy:

Create a new blank form. Declare rec1 as Record, Windows Login.

Go to onopen trigger.

Write:

rec1.SETRANGE(ID,'a');
    IF rec1.FINDFIRST THEN
    rec1.DELETE;

Hit Ctrl-R to run temporarily the form.

Test thoroughly your "Test" database to see if everything is ok...
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    corocoric wrote:
    This is a shared table of course :( and I cannot make it data per company before its emptyyy :)

You don't need to change the table definition. You should be able to take a backup, but exclude the table by unchecking the "Include Data Common to All Companies" checkbox on the backup form (Tools --> Backup).
    @kapamarou: I tried this but it still crashes, it looks like this is embedded inside the client or somewhere else.. Under SQL, i can delete rows without problems..

@matttrax: after restore the data is still there..

for time sake, im just gone put my backup back on..maybe it should be reported to Microsoft?