How to copy flow filter value into a variable

satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
I was customised a form to calculated no of entries for a selected vendor in a table. for this i added field in Vendor master table with name "VendorNoFilter" field with field type FlowFilter, table relation VENDOR table and also added some more fields to show the No of accepted and Rejected entries for that vendor. I get the calculated values in the form based on this "VandorNoFilter" field.

Every thing is working fine and form also showing correct values. But i want to copy this flow filter value in a variable to run the report to display the values what are shown in a form.

can any one please suggest me how to copy the flow filter value in a vaiable.
Thanks in advance..

Satish...

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    doesn't "copyfilter" instruction work on flowfilters? (Press F1 for the online help)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    Record.COPYFILTER(FromField, ToRecord.ToField)

For this Tofield should refer with a record variable. for this defined a field in vandor table and used FromField and ToField both refers to vendor table but it is not working out.

Actually i want to copy this value into a variable which is defines globally ib the form.

Any suggestions plz...
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    ah ok, then use getfilter instruction!

EDIT: it should be simpler for you to ask for these questions to a senior developer in your company, or at least do a search in the F1 help...you'll find the solution in half the time you post something here, won't you? :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • satish_navsatish_nav Member Posts: 65
    edited 2009-10-21
    Belias, Thank you for your reply.
    Thanks..... i will follw ur advise.
    Thanks in advance..

Satish...
    you're welcome
    -Mirko-