Error when modifying the Job Planning Line table

dorenthasdorenthas Member Posts: 31
We're running NAV 5, SP1. I'm trying to add a Key to the Job Planning Line (T1003), and when I save the table, I get an error message saying I don't have permission to insert in the Job Entry No. (T1015) table. This error actually occurs whether I change anything or not, when I try to save the object. It also occurs when I try to save the Job Est Saved Budget Line table (T14004371), a table that's provided with the Job Manager add-on developped by Cost Control.

Obviously, I realize that this is a limitation with our license, which is not a full developer license (but we do have Table/Form/Codeunit development enabled). I just don't understand how saving the Job Planning Line is related to inserting anything in the Job Entry No. table. Can anyone explain it, or better yet offer a workaround, e.g. if there is something we can change in a configuration table somewhere to prevent the insert from being attempted by NAV?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    If you look at the Table Properties, you will see that "Permissions" property is set to give the indirect permission on "Job Entry No." Table (T1015).

Here is important thing about this property:
    Once you set the Permissions property of an object only users that have direct permission, to perform all the extra operations that the object has been given, can modify this object.

with your license you do not have direct permission for "Job Entry No." table, so you won't be able to do any changes to "Job Planning Line" Table Stucture.

Thanks
    MC
  • dorenthasdorenthas Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for the quick reply. It certainly enlightened me - I didn't think of checking that property...

I guess I will need to go through my Partner for that change, but I was expecting that. I was just hoping there was some way to go around that, but I don't dare remove the permissions because then I couldn't put it back :o
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    Yes, problems with permissions.. You can change this properties if you have Developer's license.. Otherwise contact your partner.
    Good luck with that
    MCSD
    Attain Navision