Transfer transaction remains open

guiarsguiars Member Posts: 12
Hi,

It's my first post on the mibuso forum!! We use Navision 3.7. For the last few months, there are a lot of transactions in the Item Ledger Entry that remains Open. We don't understand what could be the reason. Among these transactions, a lot of "Transfer" transaction remains Open. How a transfer transaction can remain Open. I just don't understand. If you have any idea that could help me understand what is happening, please answer me!!

Thanks a lot!

Bill

Comments

• MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    Hi Bill,

Welcome to Mibuso.com!!

"Transfer" Transactions: Transfer transaction will be open in the "Transfer-to Location" until they were used in that location. Does your "Transfer-from Location" item ledger entries are also open?

Do you have any customizations related to Inventory Postings?

I will recommend you to research on one or two items to identify the problem..

Thanks
    MC
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Bill,
    like MC stated, an Item Ledger Entry will remain open until that inventory is consumed (sold, negative adjustment, consumed by job, transferred again, etc.).

If you transfer 10 pieces from location A to location B, you will see 10 pieces Open in Location B until you do something with it. Now assume you transfer 5 pieces from B to C, you would see an open ledger in location B for 5 pieces remaining and an open ILE for location C for 5 pieces.

i'm not sure of the terminology, but i know that i've generally seen NAV consume stock from the oldest to newest postings. assume you have 18 pieces in location A. you transfer 8 to location B on transfer1. later you transfer 10 to location B on transfer2. now, you create transfer3 to move 10 from B to another location. unless you specify the apply-to entry on the transfer line, NAV will grab the stock from the first transfer (8 pieces) and 2 pieces from the second transfer to fulfill the transfer requirement (10). you would then see 8 pieces still open on Transfer2 and none open from Transfer1.
    kind of fell into this...
  • guiarsguiars Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for your help... I understand now that it is normal that a lot of transaction remains open!!

My problem is away!

Thx