Error 131 during printing to excel.. HELP!

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hey guys. I created a report, based on the Value Entry table, which collects all Sales related info and transfers then to Excel. In order to export data to Excel, I'm using Excel Buffer table.
I searched forum quite enough, but sill got no clue. I know 'bout a 2GB limit. [-( So, what can I do to solve this problem?
](*,)

Any help will be appreciated.
MCSD
Attain Navision

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Does your error just say '131' or is there a more complete error message?
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    Here it is.. #-o
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • serdarulutasserdarulutas Member Posts: 50
    you may check if you try to insert data into cells where column or row index is zero.

the indexes should start from 1.

Just a thought.
    you may check if you try to insert data into cells where column or row index is zero.

the indexes should start from 1.

Just a thought.

Nope, indexes're fine.. I think it's all about Buffer table size limitation... Correct me if I'm wrong, but fact is it works fine when time filter period is in short range.
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • serdarulutasserdarulutas Member Posts: 50
    maybe you can skip inserting "0" values and blank strings to the excel buffer. also, you can create such a routine:
    if the current row is 60,000,
    create the current excel file,
    set the current row to 1
    insert the header data and continue looping..

maybe you can create multiple files this way
    maybe you can skip inserting "0" values and blank strings to the excel buffer. also, you can create such a routine:
    if the current row is 60,000,
    create the current excel file,
    set the current row to 1
    insert the header data and continue looping..

maybe you can create multiple files this way

Thanks serdarulutas

I'll try this one :)
    I told my clients to use short date filter ranges, and collect all those exported information in one excel file at the end. This is my solution 'till I'll find something else..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • grumeaugrumeau Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Sorry to reopen a 1 year old thread but did you manage to use serdarulutas solution ?
    I'm having a hard time writing a file (and flushing excel buffer) without completely exiting from the report...

Any help would be nice !

bruno.