Packing List in NAV 5.0 or 2009

nav_presalesnav_presales Member Posts: 35
Hi,

I have one client and want to implement Packing list functionality on top of NAV 5.0 or NAV 2009. ](*,)

Can any one let me know about whether there is any work around to use packing list in NAV or do i need to customise it ? :!:

Regards,
NAV Presales

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Are you after something like the following scenario.

You send a box or pallet with various items to site/customer.
    This box is given a carton/pallet ID for tracking etc.
    The picking lists in warehouse should contain this number so items are packed in the cartoon according to pick to light or other method.
    This cartoon may contain several sales orders that are then assigned to that single box etc?

This combined box should then have a total inventory print out etc?

Does this sound like what you are after?
  • nav_presalesnav_presales Member Posts: 35
    Hi,

Yes..... this is wht I am looking for..... as well as I want to have this packing list for Export documentation.

Regards,
    NAV Presales
    Have a look at the catalouge though its bit old,

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... dd-ons.pdf

look for one from your own region and your prospects industry type.
    Hi,

does this suggest that, this scenario can only be handled by addon and there is no other work around available in standard NAV to handle this :?:
    Well that depends upon your exact criteria , Standard NAV can handle it to a certain degree using lot tracking etc but you will most likely customisation done espically for the reporting side. But a an addon maybe have that complete ackage solution a customer is looking for. If not develop it yourself in your company
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Hi,

Yes..... this is wht I am looking for..... as well as I want to have this packing list for Export documentation.

Regards,
    NAV Presales

So far the Add-Ons I have seen, does not cater all 13 Incoterms , I just mentioned because u mentioned word "Export". So while looking at Add-Ons catch all the Terms which u use and how much r available in the Add-on as per Nafta standards.
    Kapil Khanna
    Hi Kapil,

Thanks for the suggetion. I will surely keep this thing in mind while looking at Add-ons. =D> :idea:

But apart from export module, if I want to use packing list than is there any facility in standard NAV to use it ? or i need to do customisation or add-on only ?

Regards,
    Nav Presales
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711

But apart from export module, if I want to use packing list than is there any facility in standard NAV to use it ? or i need to do customisation or add-on only ?

so if you are just looking at Packing list , No standard functionality , u need to customization.
  • sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    I've done this recently on one of my client.Customization will be much be better rather than looking for an add-on.
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.