Purchased Item Charges applied to Sales Shipment Lines

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
Client is using FIFO as their costing method. Client is on rel 3.7, but I have also tested the functionality in 5.01

We are using Item Charges from a purchasing document (Order or Credit Memo) with the intention of updating the costs on a sales transaction. NAV allows this, however it posts the costs to the ILE as "Cost Amount (Non-Invtbl.)". This would not be the end of the world, however NAV does not roll this up to the posted invoice or any sale profit reports (that I have been able to locate). Of course, it does post to the G/L, but the client wants to see their profitability by invoice, etc. When you apply item charges to purchased items, they do roll through as part of the cost. The client would prefer to see IC's applied directly to the cost of their sold items, but again, it's not a big deal as long as they can see it easily on an item an order level.

Am I missing something here? How can they see their net profitability beside relying on reports alone?

Thanks,
#-o

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    From 5.0 onwards just press F9 on any Item Card that gives good enough info. This can give u Including expected and per unit as well.
    Kapil Khanna