Options

problems with transformation tool and languages

RuubenRuuben Member Posts: 41
edited 2009-10-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, my problem is the next:

I've got some forms from standard data base modified with new options in menuitems. I've transformed them to pages this way: First i got the transformation tool objects (177000..) and then i got data from this tables too, using 'import transformation input', so this way i could respect the transformed pages from the standard and i could add my specific options.

The problem is in the language, cause the new transformed pages appear just in english and standard pages appear in english and spanish (in my case).

Is there any way to solve this?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you used the updated transormation tool from NAV 2009 release page on partnersource? see https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... icsnav2009
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Hi Ruuben:

There are two possibilities here:
    1) You are working with the NAV2009RTM version (not SP1 or hotfix). In this case, additions of new fasttabs, page parts etc. affects the IDs of autogenerated controls, such as certain actions and fasttabs other than the first. To solve this issue, you need to either go to SP1 or the hotfix on Partner Source.
    2) You are modifying a form in then 9000.. range that are not translated (you can verify this by looking into the forms you have modified). To overcome this, there are two options: A) Before importing the transformed Pages.xml, you do a Translate|Export for the pages in question, and re-import the translation afterwards. B) You use the newest transformation tool from SP1 and ensure that you have done a Translate|Export for all pages before modifying any of them, and then place the translation file in the same directory as the Transformation Input files.

Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV