Copying Caption ML from one localization to a different one

premnavpremnav Member Posts: 43
Hi Everyone,
I am doing a localization project where I am in the process of bringing all the localizations done in Belgium version into Indian version. As you now when it comes to Worldwide version it has Caption ML only for US English, whereas in Belgium version, it has French (Belgium) & Dutch (Belgium) caption MLs as well. Therefore, I have bring all French (Belgium) & Dutch (Belgium) captions (in all tables and fields) into the Indian version. Of course, I know I can do this by manually in which case I will have to copy all caption MLs from Belgium version into Indian version. You would understand that this would be a very time consuming job. Could you please let me know whether I can use any tool for this? Is there any way I can export and import this using a data port? Your valuable thoughts in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can export and import an entire language layer. Tools, Translation, Import/Export. Or Tools, Language Module, Import/Export. You'll have to learn about language layers first though, and I am not sure which manual you'd need for that. It is more involved than just importing a language layer, you'd also need to have access to the language in your license, I don't know exactly how it works.
  • premnavpremnav Member Posts: 43
    Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your thoughts.
    Cheers,
    Premnav