NAV 2009 AND TAPI

albert_1982albert_1982 Member Posts: 33
Learning about TAPI, sorry for dummy questions:

- How to connect Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and the company phone systems?

I suppose that:
- The vendor of the phone system hardware have to provide a driver TAPI V2 or V3. Maybe not for free, Ok.
- MIcrosoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 should provide codeunits and forms to manage making and reciving calls in TAPI protocols, so...

It that all? or we need to use/program/buy another component?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The manufacturer of your phone system will probably need to provide some sort of dll / interface that you can use from NAV. You may or may not have to build your own wrapper dll to make use of that code.
  • albert_1982albert_1982 Member Posts: 33
    I see some expensive comercial programs that offers a way to connect Navision to the telephone system of the company, they offer some codeunits to link navision and telephones usig ATAPI..... but i don´t understand why we have to use it.

So i think....
    - If ATAPI is a standard protocol....
    - If Hardware vendor provides the driver to use the phone with ATAPI...
    - If Microsoft Dynamics Nav provides ATAPI management codeunit....

why i need these comercial third party programs-codeunits?

Thanks mattrax for previos answer.
  • TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    You should investigate how to integrate your phonesystem with Microsoft Office Communicator as that is used in NAV 2009.

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • albert_1982albert_1982 Member Posts: 33
    Great Troelsh! I will take a look at the Microsoft Office Communicator, to learn how to implement it.

Also, i will ask or investigate how to make the same in previos versions , like 4 SP2. But I asume that here it´s not the place to ask it (not NAV2009).