Version US V/S NA

RawHeatRawHeat Member Posts: 63
Is there any difference between NAV VERSION US and NAV VERSION NA???

Bcoz when i download from microsoft site i get a link for NA version. But i have seen databases with version US...

Please suggest/help

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The NA download contains US, France, and Mexico. As there are companies for each in the database and language modules for each, I would assume all legal requirements for the countries are met in a single database. I've never done an install for a company in either of those countries.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    matttrax wrote:
    The NA download contains US, France, and Mexico
    Not exactly. The NA version contains ENU (English US), ENC (English Canada), FRC (French Canada) amd ESM (Spanish Mexico). France has its own localization.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    My fault...I completely mis-typed that. Yes, US, Canada, Mexico. France is definitely not in North America :lol:
    matttrax wrote:
    France is definitely not in North America :lol:
    I didn't think you'd think that, although you never really know. Once, when telling someone I am originally from Holland, they said "Holland..... isn't that the capital of Copenhagen?". True story.... :mrgreen:
  • RawHeatRawHeat Member Posts: 63
    Thank you for your replies.

Very true USA, CANADA and Mexico are a part of NA version database.
    But then when i click Help --> About Microsoft Dynamics Nav Classic why i see NA in some database and US in some.

if i am upgrading a US database from NAV 04 to NAV 05. and if i have two databases with versions NA and US mentined in Help --> About Microsoft Dynamics Nav Classic then which one should i select?
    One version it was called US, the next version it was called NA, and since at least 4.0 it's been US again (I only checked 4.0 SP3 and up), they mean the same. Just like it used to be called Navision, then it was Attain, then it was...... etcetera etcetera, it's all the same thing. The product download is called NA, and it has US, Canada and Mexico companies in the demo database. When you click Help, About it will say 'US Dynamics NAV'.

This is funny, because it does not conform with Microsoft documentation standards :mrgreen:
  • RawHeatRawHeat Member Posts: 63
    Thanks Denster,
    =D> =D> =D>
    I got it. \:D/