Invoice Posting automatically Pays Invoice

almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
I'm relatively new to NAV 2009 and have something odd going on. I've entered three vendor invoices and posted them. When I went to my COA to look at the Accounts Payable account, those three invoices had already been paid. Except I didn't pay them. So how do I:

Stop this from happening? An invoice should only be paid when I go thru the steps in the Payment Journal.

Reverse these payments so that the invoices are still outstanding?

Also, one of the invoices had use tax calculated on it. The Accounts Payable account reflected the invoice amount plus my use tax amount. It should not have. My AP account should have been the value of the invoice and my use tax account should have had the difference posted to it, and it did not.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    almhansen wrote:
    I'm relatively new to NAV 2009 and have something odd going on. I've entered three vendor invoices and posted them. When I went to my COA to look at the Accounts Payable account, those three invoices had already been paid. Except I didn't pay them. So how do I:

Stop this from happening? An invoice should only be paid when I go thru the steps in the Payment Journal.
    Check the Payment Method on the vendor card. If a Balance Account is filled in for the Payment Method, then the invoice is also "payed" when it is posted.

Quoting the on-line help:

You can assign a balancing account to each payment method. This will enable the program to automatically fill in the Bal. Account No. field on sales and purchase headers. This feature is useful when you invoice cash sales, for example.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    Great! I posted an invoice and it didn't automatically pay it.

Any answer on how to reverse the ones that were automatically paid?