NAV 5.0 NATIVE -> SQL Server : Compatibility Error

kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
I have used Migration FOBs for migrating native database to SQL Server 2005 and it done successfully.

Now, as per my client's requirement we have added too many fields in Purchase Header table.
Now, the client wants us to increase the length of those fields, but when I do that I got error like this:

A record may contain maximum of 4000 bytes of active fields in it.

So it doesnt allow me to increase the length. I know I can deactive a few fields by removing tick from enable field. But I dont want to do that.

I tried to change the length from SQL Server and made it of 250 (Varchar) whereas the NAV database contains that field as Text(30).

So when I run the purchase order form, I got the error that SQL Datatype is not compatible with NAV Datatype....

Is there any solution for this senario>>????

Thanks and Regards...

Kashyap
Thanks,

Kashyap

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I recommend to re-think the columns you have there - if they are really used, if they really needs to be so long, if they could be moved to another table which will have same PK etc. But I will never go the way of direct SQL modification or trying somehow hack NAV to accept bigger record...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    Ya... this is the requirement because for Import P.O., they need some fields which mentioned the details about product and insurance and finance and all the things.... Is it the good idea if I make a few fields deactivate???
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    kash387 wrote:
    Ya... this is the requirement because for Import P.O., they need some fields which mentioned the details about product and insurance and finance and all the things.... Is it the good idea if I make a few fields deactivate???

This doesn't mean they need to be in the same table.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    So in which table I can do these things....

If I am making a purchase order (import-outside country) and they want a few fields then in which table I can put those fields...????
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Create a new related table as mentioned above.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.