Open, Negative Item Ledger Entry at the In-Transit Location

bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
Good day to all who read this post.

I have been looking at some of the other previous posts on this type of issue, and I was unable to come to any concrete conclusion on how to solve my particular issue.

We are running Nav 4 SP3 and FIFO. I have a negative item ledger entry that is open at our In-Transit location. This was created in an attempt to adjust a positive amount that had been sitting in-transit for a long time. I have been able to close this type of open and negative item ledger entry in the past using the item journal, but only if I had an equal and off-setting quantity at the same location that FIFO could use. In this case the quantity at In-Transit sums to zero (including the negative entry), so I've no way to close the negative entry that I can see.

In-Transit quantities are not included in the overall count of inventory on hand when viewing from the item card, so this is more of a loose end than anything.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get that entry closed without creating additional open entries?

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    No I don't think so , best way would be to get this entry out by using physical count and update physical qty as 0 system will post the reversal sign entry for this.
    Kapil Khanna