Upgrading Outlook Integration from V3.7 to V2009

bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
Our client is upgrading from V3.7 to V2009. They have added various fields to the contact table in V3.7. Their previous developers have modified codeunit 5069 "Outlook contact handler" to populate a field on the Outlook contact with one of the new fields on the Dynamics NAV contact table. This codeunit doesnt exist in V2009. Is there a way to give the client the same functionality in V2009 ? In other words, is it possible to map bespoke Dynamics NAV fields to Outlook contact fields, such that this mapping will be applied when synchronizing ?

Also there was a function to "Show Outlook Item" on the V3.7 To-do card. This has been removed in V2009. Is this redundant now ? If the client still wanted it, how would I reinstate that function ?

Bob

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Did you try looking at the actual manual the new dynamics outlook client is designed to let you synch any field or object between the two programs.

This would probably supplement your previous work done.

The outlook entry button is shown under the outlook synch entries i believe now
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    Thank you, I can now see how the mapping is done. I apologise for not reading the manual :oops:

However, I still cant see an equivalent to the V3.7 To-do card "Show Outlook Item" function.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    IF you open a customer /contact etc that has had an interaction email sent to it or other interaction. The interaction log will record it.

On the form select an email you sent then click the show button, can't really rmemeber what the 3.7 button actually did.
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    Thank you again. I can see how the 'Show' button works in relation to Interaction Log Entries. My question relates to To-dos. There used to be a similar 'show' option, entitled "Show Outlook Item", on the functions menu of the to-do card in V3.70, which appears to have been removed. I just wondered if there was an equivalent function in v2009.