Don´t have permission to read the identifier table ITEM

nav_studentnav_student Member Posts: 175
Greatings,

I have this strange problem.

If i try to "Run" the table Item(27) the error: "Don´t have permission to read the identifier table ITEM".

My user is SUPER.

If i try with another license with works.It seems to me that it´s very strange. The Item table it´s one of the most importants.

How can i certified that it´s a licence problem? There is another description on the NAv Licence that tell me that the permissions to this table are not associated?

Thanks for your answers.

Best Regards,

nav_student

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Greatings,

I have this strange problem.

If i try to "Run" the table Item(27) the error: "Don´t have permission to read the identifier table ITEM".

My user is SUPER.

If i try with another license with works.It seems to me that it´s very strange. The Item table it´s one of the most importants.

How can i certified that it´s a licence problem? There is another description on the NAv Licence that tell me that the permissions to this table are not associated?

Thanks for your answers.

Best Regards,

nav_student

Hi

Your Item Table have some customization with a flowfield on a table called "identifier table item" or something like this.
    This table isn't on your license but contain some records.

Solution is: delete all record on this table.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • nav_studentnav_student Member Posts: 175
    How can i delete all the records?

The error happens with a sa and user that is SUPER.
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    How can i delete all the records?

The error happens with a sa and user that is SUPER.

Hi

Founded the "identifier table item" table (ora similar name/meaning), you can delete the content using the same license used for filling that table (partner license?)

or

directly on sql table if your navision is 5SP1 or newer or if your table don't have SIFT.

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • nav_studentnav_student Member Posts: 175
    After delete all the records it complains about the Service Line table ( 5902).
    After that it complains about another one.

How this happens with the standard database from Navision?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It happens because the database was created with one license, but now you are using another one. If there is no data in a table, the license is not checked for proper permissions because there is nothing to access. However, when there is data, Navision thinks it needs to look at something or calculate some value, so it goes to look at that data, but the license won't let it, thus the error.
  • SCSImplSCSImpl Member Posts: 6
    I ran into the same exact similar situation recently, but with a little twist that I can't seem to figure out. I created the db, backed it up and sent to my client who then restored it onto their server.

The client gets the same error accessing the Item card, Item table, and of course the Item Identifier table. If I use their license, I can get to the Item Card without NAV throwing an error, but not the Item/Identifier table.

Our logins are both set up with Super role. How can this be?