Options

ProviderID property and System PartType

stevedivimaststevedivimast Member Posts: 39
edited 2010-04-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
This is my 1st post in this forum. :oops:
I'm trying to use ProviderID property in a Part of a Document type page. (Past is in a FactBoxArea Container).
I'have already used ProviderID property with PartType = Page, and it works fine, but this time PartType is System (SystemPartID=RecordLinks), but it doesn't work.
In other word what I'm trying to do is to link pdf document to Sale Order Lines from Sale Order Page, bur I'm able to link file to Header only, and not to the lines.
Does ProviderID property works with PartType System too?

Thanks
Ciao

Answers

• Options
    veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    HI,

I created a post in my blog about ProviderID, just before reading your post.

I tried from myside to use the ProviderID for the System factboxes. I am also not able to do that. I think but not sure that we cannot use ProviderId to PartType System because in the Classic also we cannot use the links to the subforms. May be the possibility is to create a list page for the subform and uses the PartType System to that.

Thanks,
    Veerendra Ch.
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the forum for that. The ProviderID is "line no." of the part which will provide the information. It must be on same page.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37487
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    Hi,

I understand the sales order example given by apanko. But the problem is to link System Factboxes to the subpages.. Normal factboxes I am able to link to the subpage.
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
  • Options
    Ooops... I understand now...

I tested one "hack". The result is not too nice, but working...

Create new page based on Sales Line. Type will be List. Add only two lines - container and Part. Part will be system and Link. Add this page as FactBox on your page. Set ProviderID and SubFormLink. You are done.

It means - because you cannot set ProviderID on system part, enclose this system part into your own Part which is based on same table as you want to link the system part to. Use your new part as FactBox, link it on primary key (thus only one record will be selected in the part and the system part will show correct data). Negative of this solution is that there is Part inside Part thus having two frames etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    stevedivimaststevedivimast Member Posts: 39
    I tested Kamil Sacek "hack" and it works.
    It's no so nice to see, but it works fine!
    I thinks it's no so difficult for Dynamics Nav developer to add the ability to use ProviderID property for System part type too.
    Maybe next Service pack?
    Thanks to everybody.
    Steve
  • Options
    I tested Kamil Sacek "hack" and it works.
    It's no so nice to see, but it works fine!
    I thinks it's no so difficult for Dynamics Nav developer to add the ability to use ProviderID property for System part type too.
    Maybe next Service pack?
    Thanks to everybody.
    Steve

You can try to play with different page types etc. and may be the visual side will be better in some combination...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    I've tried to do this with a page showing:

Customer
    Customer Ledger Entries

Factbox on the right with Notes for Customer Ledger Entries

Using the Provider ID as suggested on this thread, but the Notes on the factbox are non-editable... am I doing something wrong here??

The page I'm using on the factbox is editable if I run it alone from the Object Designer.